Create in Fife Network
Create in Fife is our dedicated network and support initiative for the creative and cultural industries.
Follow Create in Fife Instagram account to see weekly takeovers from Fife’s amazing artists and collectives. Each Monday a new person takes over the account to showcase their work.
Join the Create in Fife Facebook group which was set up to support creatives in Fife in response to the COVID-19 crisis. Feel free to ask questions, look for advice, post news, opportunities and comments relevant to the group.
Fife Screen Network
If you work in film exhibition in Fife, join the Facebook Group for support, information and to make connections with colleagues from Film Hub Scotland and Regional Screen Scotland.
This is not an exhaustive list, and we will continue to update this page as and when things change. If there is anything you think should be added, or you have any questions, please do get in touch. You can email us at email@example.com
- How to Embrace Remote Work, The Ultimate Trello Guide: Trello have released a guide of tried and tested strategies from the world’s leading companies for remote work.
- Arts Marketing Association: free webinars including ‘Remaining Positive & Resilient’, ‘Creating a Marketing Plan’ and ‘Social Media, Content & Comms in Challenging Times’: AMA have made much of their content free to access, including webinars on ‘Remaining Positive & Resilient’, ‘Creating a Marketing Plan’ and ‘Social Media, Content & Comms in Challenging Times.
- Creative Entrepreneurs Club: membership to the CEC has been made free to creatives throughout the COVID-19 Crisis. As a member, you get 121 personalized business support, free access to digital events, access to resources and join or create online groups.
- Courses for Creatives on Going Digital & Making a Living: https://yodomo.co/collections/making-a-living
- The Ultimate Guide to Virtual Museum Resources, E-Learning & Online Collections: A comprehensive list of virtual museum resources from across the globe.
- Free Online University Courses:
- Open Culture list of free online courses from the world’s top Universities.
- Coursera have made membership free during the COVID-19 crisis. You can now access a huge variety of courses and gain qualifications from some of the top Universities.
- The Open University has an enormous list of free online classes that can be taken from home, in your own time.
- Creative Scotland’s Round-Up of Virtual Content in Scottish Arts
- Social Distancing Festival are taking submissions from Visual Arts, Theatre, Music and Dance from across the UK
Resources for Freelancers & Self-employed Arts Workers
Sites signposting to sources of information and support to freelancers & independent arts workers.
Industry-specific Advice & Resources
The following lists local and national sources of support & resources for the varied arts & culture sector in Scotland. Not all areas will be covered but we will be updating this regularly. If there is anything you think we should add, please let us know. You can contact one of the group Admins through the Create in Fife Facebook Group
, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visual Arts & Crafts
- A-N, The Artists Information Company, COVID-19 Information & Guidance for Artists & Arts Organisers
- Craft Scotland Guide for Maker’s
- Fife Contemporary List of opportunities and links to resources
Literary Arts & Storytelling
Theatre & Performance Arts
Funding for individuals and charities/non-profits