What's ON

Recreation – Slazenger Hockey Stick

[[{“type”:”media”,”view_mode”:”media_original”,”fid”:”7551″,”attributes”:{“alt”:””,”class”:”media-image”,”style”:”width: 200px; height: 151px;”,”typeof”:”foaf:Image”}}]]  [[{“type”:”media”,”view_mode”:”media_original”,”fid”:”7552″,”attributes”:{“alt”:””,”class”:”media-image”,”style”:”width: 200px; height: 49px;”,”typeof”:”foaf:Image”}}]]

This hockey stick belonged to Dunfermline Carnegie Hockey Club, which was founded in 1909.

The club was founded by student gymnasts as an after class leisure pursuit. For over 60 years Pitreavie Playing Fields was the home of hockey in Dunfermline. Many changes have been seen in that time, mainly in fashion, but also a move from grass to the modern surface of AstroTurf.

For 13 years the team was based at HMS Caledonia at Rosyth, later moving to a new pitch at The Michael Woods Sports Centre at Glenrothes. 2015 saw the return of Dunfermline Carnegie Hockey Club to Dunfermline, with a new base at Woodmill High School where the hockey pitch had been relaid.