We were one of four organisations entrusted to deliver a Scottish Arts Council Inspire lottery-funded Starcatchers artist residency project, in partnership with Imaginate.
The residency was designed to create world-class theatre performances and arts experiences for children from birth to 4 years. We ran the Starcatchers residency in two locations: the Lochgelly Centre, and Carnegie Hall.
Partner organisations also involved in the project were Platform and the Tramway in Glasgow, and the Byre in St Andrews.
Outcomes of the Starcatchers project:
- Delivered a year’s residency with resident artist Sasha Kyle.
- Developed meaningful relationships with parents, carers, nurseries, teachers and the children themselves.
- Developed unique work across our venues and beyond for 0-4 years.
- Pieces created: Oops A Daisy; The Playroom; Baby Chill; Luvhart
- Ran TotFest at Carnegie Hall - a sell out series of shows
- Toured to 23 nurseries in Fife with 28 sold out performances.
- Raise standards in the creation of work for very young audiences.
- Learned how this audience group responds to our venues and how we can improve their whole experience.